Department of Bioinformatics:
In 2005, alongside important advances in maney other highly presetigious universities and research center in the world , the department of Bioinformatics was established at IBB. This department was the first to be offering Bioinformatics PhD programs in Iran.
The faculty Members, adjunct professors and students of the Bioinformatics department are involved in a wide variety of national and international projects.
Topics of interest in the department include, but are not limited ,to the following areas:
• Computational systems biology
• Modeling and analysis of biological networks
• NGS data analysis
• Modeling biological processes and complex diseases
• Structural bioinformatics
• Drug design and chemoinformatics
• Modeling of Bio-macromolecules and their interaction
The bioinformatics Ph.D. students at IBB are chosen from ranked graduates from the engineering sciences, basic sciences, biological sciences and related fields.